For one of our clients, we’re looking for a Technical Support Team Lead
Client: Infrastructure company.
Activity domain: infrastructure/maintenance.
Location: Bucharest, Romania.
Type of engagement: fully on-site.
Type of contract preferred: employment contract (CIM).
About the role:
The Technical Support Team Lead provides guidance, instructions, direction and leadership to our technical support teams across one or more customers, products, services or projects. This includes organising standups, projects and project planning sessions, making sure things get done on time. Communication with other departments as well as with our customers are important.
Generally, a Technical Support Team Lead will spend 80% of their time coordinating the team, inductions, trainings, etc., and 20% on technical tasks, such as helping customers or colleagues set up their accounts, resolve configuration issues, helping them understand how to use a product or service and any other help they may need.
The Technical Support Team Lead will provide reports and monitor the KPIS, helping the company achieve the desired and established performance goals. Team Leads within Spearhead Systems should be technical people and have a deep understanding of the technologies and services we deliver.
- Coordinating customer support requests for the team
- Creating and coordinating the creation and maintenance of induction and elearning (documentation) materials (scripts/plays/runbooks for automation purposes, migrations and repetitive tasks, incident response and more)
- Monitoring systems, applications and reacting to events
- Reading, interpreting documentation and operating manuals for complex IT systems (Joyent Triton, Kubernetes, Nomad/Consul, OpenShift) and helping the customer support team
- Creating projects/tasks and managing multiple tasks and projects in parallel
- Generating reports and monitoring for KPI’s
- Proactive project management – ensure that all stakeholders are accountable and the project is completed
- Compliance with customer SLAs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Past experience (3-5 years) as a systems administrator, network engineer, cloud engineer or similar technical position/role
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus / team lead or management position
- Experience in administering Linux (Redhat, Centos, Debian/Ubuntu – install, setup, configuration, lifecycle management: updates/patching, backup/dr, etc.)
- General experience in managing Windows systems (install, setup, configuration, lifecycle management: updates/patching, backup/dr, etc.)
- Experience in scripting (Bash, Python) and being comfortable in reading scripts and understanding them
- Experience in web-based services and applications: Apache/Nginx, PHP/FPM
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols and troubleshooting: DNS, HTTP, SSL, TCP
- Monitoring experience for application performance, uptime and fault management (Checkmk, Nagios)
- Experience operating and troubleshooting email services and SMTP
- Experience working with ticketing systems: deals with escalated tickets and documents the resolution that successfully solved the customer issue
- Advanced English skills (reading, writing and speaking)
Nice to have:
- Experience with analysis and troubleshooting (root cause, USE / RED methods and more)
- Experience with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering concepts and implementations
- Experience supporting a 24×7 Internet-oriented production environment
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Experience with UNIX systems (Solaris, Illumos) represents an interest
- Experience in automation and getting things done right the first time (we use Rundeck, Ansible, Checkmk, bash/python scripts, etc.)
- Knowledge of client/server and distributed systems (private/public cloud such as RedHat Virtualization, Triton, AWS, etc.)
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies on a daily basis
- meal tickets;
- Sanopass subscription;
- amazing coffee;
- breakfast from the company once per week.
Do you fit the profile? Contact us via email at contact [AT] monkeyrecruit.com or through the following form: