For one of our clients, we’re looking for Scala engineers.
Client: Romanian outsourcer.
End client domain: Banking.
Type of engagement: full time, hybrid, for at least one year.
Type of contract accepted: employment (CIM), collaboration (SRL).
We are looking for developers with a passion for functional programming who will work with our experts.
You can help us set new standards with functional programming and reactive
architectures using Cats, Scala and Akka, while building a next gen global payments processing system as a greenfield project using Lean Agile methodologies.
Methodology: We work only Agile, according to a model adapted from Spotify (our Agile implementation is unique in the market)
Team & Way of working:
10 members distributed in a squad. Within the squad there are ~ 3-4 Scala developers, 2 DevOps colleagues, 2 Feature engineers, 2 QA Automation specialists, 1 .NET developer.
Some of the competencies required for this role would include:
- Solid understanding of Scala or other functional programming languages
- The strong foundational knowledge and ability to adapt to new technologies and paradigms that are often found in development experts are considered more important than most missing nice to haves in this list
- Experience working with the JVM
- Experience building high throughput, low latency, real time, scalable & resilient systems
- Experience with Typelevel Cats, Akka, Akka Streams, Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Azure Devops, SQL Server, Kafka, Cassandra, Linux a big plus
- Experience working within Continuous Delivery or Continuous Deployment processes
- Understanding of the benefits of testing & discipline towards these practices
- Good communication skills, awareness towards emotional intelligence factors and excellent ability to speak & write English
Do you fit the profile? Contact us via email at contact [AT] monkeyrecruit.com or through the following form: