For one of our clients, we’re looking for Junior Technical Support Specialists.
Client: Infrastructure company.
Activity domain: infrastructure/maintenance.
Location: Bucharest, Romania.
Type of engagement: fully on-site.
Type of contract preferred: employment contract (CIM).
About the role:
The Junior Technical Support Specialist is the team’s entry-level role. We are looking for people with potential, with one or two years of experience helping customers in some capacity and with essential customer service skills.
It is a great opportunity to get started in your IT career.
- Resolve technical issues via phone, email, chat
- Meet SLAs, like response and resolution times by working with other tiers
- Collaborate with Technical Support team members to properly manage customer inquiries and escalate when appropriate
- Research and document customer technical issues
- Own customer technical issues from initial report to resolution, communicating with customers regularly regarding issue status
- Run monitoring reports for usage, performance, and/or availability
- Monitor events/alerts and resolve or escalate to the appropriate team
- Gather/establish required information for handling customer issues
- Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
- Basic knowledge of networking protocols and troubleshooting: DNS, HTTP, SSL, TCP
- Basic knowledge and principles of operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- At least 1 year of Linux experience
- Good technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies on a daily basis
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Advanced English skills (reading, writing and speaking)
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- General experience in managing Linux systems (redhat, centos, debian/ubuntu (install, setup, configuration, lifecycle management: updates/patching, backup/dr, etc.))
- General experience in managing Windows Server systems (install, setup, configuration, lifecycle management: updates/patching, backup/dr, etc.)
- Previous experience (1 – 2 years) in a similar technical position/role
- Customer service experience / strong customer focus
- Monitoring experience for application performance, uptime and fault management (checkmk, nagios)
- Experience supporting a 24×7 Internet-oriented production environment
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
- meal tickets;
- Sanopass subscription;
- amazing coffee;
- breakfast from the company once per week.
Do you fit the profile? Contact us via email at contact [AT] monkeyrecruit.com or through the following form: