For a client from a talent platform, we’re looking for an Electrical Engineer II.
Role: Electrical Engineer II
Seniority level: Senior
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Travel required: Up to 20% of the time
Visa support: None
Location: Carrollton, GA
Signing bonus: Negotiable
Relocation package: Partial
The Electrical Engineer will design, budget, and manage installations of engineered electrical control systems for both capital projects and continuous improvement projects associated with the plant operations. This individual will also provide technical assistance to plant electronic technicians in diagnosis of electrical malfunctions, determination of necessary repairs, and elimination of the cause of the malfunctions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Project management which may include budgeting, design, installation management, spare parts procurement, etc.
- Maintain electrical systems one line and ascertain power availability for new installations.
- Responsible for reliability and efficiency of electrical systems/processes throughout the plant.
- Troubleshoots and resolves malfunctions to machine control systems and makes. recommendations to improve efficiency or quality concerns.
- Capable of design of original concepts.
- Develops new and modifies existing PLC and/or HMI applications, interfaces, or embedded controls systems.
- Experience and proficiency with ladder logic/PLC programming.
- Siemens and Rockwell required.
- Capable of designing systems within estimated budgets.
- Must coordinate with plant management, production schedules, and support groups to complete projects on schedule.
- Keep abreast of current trends, technology, codes, and standards, and utilize this information effectively.
- Knowledge of AC and DC circuitry and electrical concepts.
- Versatile in ladder logic and various PLC programming languages. Working knowledge of field control devices (motors, relays, switches, photoeyes, etc.).
- Start to finish HMI development experience.
- Designs, develops, maintains and modifies instrumentations and control systems.
- Start to finish electrical control system hardware design experience (control panel and field wiring).
- Work to improve equipment reliability.
- Assist maintenance planners and supervisors in developing job plans and procedures.
- Participates in set-up and commissioning of new systems or upgrading of current systems.
- Trains affected employees on control system processes, upgrades and installs.
- Possess and maintain a thorough knowledge of all equipment operations, maintenance procedures, safety policies, and operating standards.
- Operations or maintenance experience is a plus.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Follow all company environmental rules/procedures and handle all materials in a manner designed to minimize environmental impact.
- Follow prescribed safety rules/procedures so as to prevent injury to self and others and to maintain safe equipment and conditions in the entire area of responsibility.
- Seek the assistance and advice of safety representatives on matters concerning safe practices, policies and/or procedures and give personal support to all safety activities and procedures.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology. 6+ years of experience
- AutoCAD experience is required.
- Siemens TIA Portal and Rockwell PLC Programming experience required
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Do you fit the profile? Contact us via email at contact [AT] monkeyrecruit.com or through the following form: